Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Best Moist Chocolate Cake

 Last weekend, I baked chocolate again with different recipe. My uncle invited the monks to his place and I volunteered to bring the cakes. I just baked double chocolate cake 2 days ago so I wanted to try the different recipe. I have found "best most moist chocolate cake" recipe a year ago and have not tried yet because it uses the store bought cake mix. I remembered I bought Betty Crocker devil food chocolate cake mix during Christmas holidays and wanted to make use of it. Coincidentally, I also bought jello chocolate pudding mix a week ago at Walmart.  Now is time to utilize all these ready mixes.

I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Cake Mix. I only have mocha flavor Kahlua so I used the 2 tablespoons instant coffee + 3/4 cup water + 1 teaspoon mocha Kahlua. I omitted powder sugar as usual. I whisked the eggs first till pale in color. It is okay to mix everything as directed as ready mix's direction is mixed ingredients together. Other than that I followed the rest exactly.

Wow, the taste and texture is better than the double chocolate cake I made two days ago. The texture is so moist, soft and fluffy even after refrigerated. The double chocolate cake became a little dense after refrigerated. The originator said pudding and sour cream are keys to this cake. I did not notice that there is pudding in the cake mix too. Seem like there are double ratio of  puddings in the cake.  The sweetness and chocolaty is just nice for me, less sweet than double chocolate cake. If I add  3/4 cup Kahlua, the taste will be super. This recipe yields one 9 inches square cake.

I seem want to try cake mix with pudding, jelly and etc. Seem like going to spend $$$ on those ready mix.  
Ingredients:
  • 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist devil's food cake mix{original: Duncan Hines moist deluxe devil's food cake mix}
  • 3 1/2 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 3/4 cup water + 2 tablespoons instant coffee + 1 teaspoon mocha kahlua {original:3/4 cup Kahlua}
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided 
  • {original: 4 tablespoons powdered sugar}
 Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F or 150 degree C. {original: 350 degree F}
  2. Grease or 12-cup bundt pan or 9 inches square baking tin.
  3. Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl except walnuts and beat with low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scrapping bowl occasionally.
  4. Pour into a greased bundt pan.
  5. Top walnuts on  top of cake.
  6. Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with crumbs clinging to it - about 1 hour 15 minutes { original: about 45 minutes}. Do not over bake. 
  7. Cool in pan.
  8. {original: Serve on a platter with powdered sugar lightly sifted over the top.}

1 comment:

  1. This one also great!. Never try using cake mix before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails